Learn more about how I work and produce my videos.
The ideation process includes:
- deciding on a duration and editing style,
- outlining the video content,
- getting people involved to appear and speak in the video,
- finding inspiration from existing videos in the industry.
- writing the scenario and spoken words,
- choosing the location,
- briefing the protagonists,
- selecting and configuring the filming equipment,
- setting a time for the shoot.
- camera technology: full-frame mirrorless,
- optical: wide aperture full-frame lenses covering the 17-75mm focal range, equipped with Neutral Density filter,
- stabilization: tripod with video head, 3-axis gimbal and GorillaPod,
- lighting: portable LED lights,
- sound recording: shotgun and lavalier microphones,
- cinematic look: smooth camera movements, slow motion up to 120 frames per second and 180-degree shutter rule.
This is the process I follow for most of my videos:
- sorting the rushes,
- sourcing royalty-free background music that is matching the desired tone of the video,
- multi-track video editing on DaVinci Resolve,
- scaling and positioning of clips,
- discreet video transitions.
Sound Design & Mixing
When creating my videos I pay a lot of attention to:
- normalizing audio levels,
- mixing the background music so that it fits the video duration perfectly,
- playing with the music beats to create effects synced with the video,
- when applicable, incorporating high-quality SFX sounds.
These are the attributes and settings I tweak the most when doing my color grading:
- brightness and contrast,
- hue, saturation and luminance,
- color wheels,
- lookup tables (LUTs),
- black level and white point,
- masks and power windows,
- motion tracking.
Here are a few things I can do for your video:
- adding subtitles,
- adding and animating titles,
- overlaying and animating images,
- animating basic 3D objects,
- sourcing and managing voice over talent,
- and more…
Technically speaking, this is what can be done when exporting your video:
- Resolution: HD at 1920 x 1080 pixels,
- Frame rate: 24 frames per second to achieve the cinematic look,
- Main aspect ratio: standard 16:9 or 2:35:1 (CinemaScope) depending on your preference,
- Custom aspect ratio(s): if you want to publish your video on social media with a specific format,
- Compression: I will provide a maximum quality version of the video (large file size) and one optimized for the Web.
Last, talk to me if you need help with your video marketing strategy and how to get the best results out of your video.
Ready to start your video project?
If you have no clue at all, don't worry! I will be delighted to be part of the ideation process.